OnePlus is one of the leading smartphone brands knows how to market its flagship devices. After waiting so long, OnePlus released its much-anticipated flagship named as OnePlus 6 in Australia with pretty impressive features over its predecessor. Without a doubt, it’s a high-end smartphone, but if you’re looking to buy one, check out its advantages and disadvantages, drawbacks, and problems. We have compiled a list of major pros and cons of OnePlus 6. So, let’s have a look.
- First and foremost, OnePlus 6 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system which is upgradable to Android P 9.0.
- The phone sports a 6.28-inches Optic AMOLED along with full view display (comes with notch).
- The display is crisp, sharp with an excellent colour reproduction, brightness, and sunlight accuracy.
- A Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protects the display from minor falls and scratches.
- It has an exquisite screen-to-body ratio for a great viewing experience.
- The display is well-supported by 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels at a density of 402 PPI.
- OnePlus 6 comprises a hefty 6/8GB of RAM for smooth gaming and multitasking.
- The brain behind OnePlus 6 is Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chipset.
- Talking about its onboard memory, OnePlus 6 comes with a 64GB/128GB of onboard storage which is expandable no further.
- As for the camera, there is a dual 16MP (f/1.7) + 20MP (f/1.7) rear sensor backed by features such as Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual LED-Flash, Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection and more.
- The video calling and selfies are assisted by a 16MP front-facing camera with features like Gyro-EIS, Auto HDR and 1080p.
- OnePlus 6 boasts a massive 3300mAh non-removable battery which is good for both casual and heavy usage.
- The device supports Quad HD video recording at 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@480fps.
- The overall performance is butter smooth without any lag.
- Just like all other flagships, OnePlus 6 houses numerous connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G, and NFC.
- A bunch of sensors is also available i.e. Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass.
- Both design and build quality are dazzling.
- The phone comes with excellent and loud stereo speakers.
- The phone is available in three sensational colours – Midnight Black, Mirror Black, and Silk White.
- You will also find some other stunning features like Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, fast battery charging 5V 4A 20W (Dash Charge) and Water & dust resistance.
- The OnePlus 6 64GB Mobile Phone Price in Australia starts from $753 to $984 making it pretty expensive as compared to Huawei P20 Pro and Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- You cannot change the battery yourself in case you found any problem with it, as it’s non-removable.
- Just like its predecessor, OnePlus 6 doesn’t support wireless charging, unfortunately.
- The OnePlus 6 doesn’t have an official IP-rating.
- There’s no Quad HD display.
- The biggest drawback is that OnePlus 6’s onboard memory is no expandable further.
If you are looking for more information about OnePlus 6 in terms of its design, display, and overall performance, you can have a look at OnePlus 6 Review in Australia here.