This time around, Huawei P20 Pro is one of the best flagships which are able to compete with top-tier smartphones such as iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy S9+ promptly. After launching in US and UK, Huawei P20 Pro in Australia has also been launched and breaking records of sales thanks to its exquisite and dazzling features. However, we cannot ignore that every flagship comes with several weak points. Therefore, it’s better to know all the possible pros and cons of a brand new Huawei P20 Pro if you are looking to buy it right now.
Major Pros (Advantages)
Listed below are the major pros of Huawei P20 Pro which will appeal so many.
- The Huawei P20 Pro really shines when it comes to the camera. The phone sports a solid triple camera – 40MP + 20MP + 8MP (f/1.8 + f/1.6 + f/2.4).
- On the other hand, there is a 24MP sensor sitting on the front for taking selfies with your near and dear.
- The camera features including Phase Detection, Dual-LED Dual-Tone Flash, and Laser Autofocus.
- You can also record HD videos – 2160p@30fps, 1080p and 720p@960fps. Most importantly, you can record 4K videos as well.
- The P20 Pro is IP67 certified, offers a dust/water resistant (Up to 1m for 30 minutes).
- Talking about its display, Huawei P20 Pro boasts a 6.1-inches AMOLED Full HD+ display.
- The display is sharp with good colour reproduction, brightness and sunlight accuracy.
- Corning Gorilla Glass has been used for protecting the display from scratches and minor falls.
- The screen is well-supported by 1080 x 2244 pixels resolution.
- As far as its software is concerned, Huawei P20 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo which is upgradable to Android P 9.0.
- Another good news is that the phone is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 970 paired with a 6GB of insane RAM ensures phone runs smoothly whether you work on multiple tasks or play graphics enriched games.
- Moreover, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU manages the graphical requirements of Huawei P20 Pro.
- When it comes to onboard memory, Huawei brings 128GB of built-in memory to save all of your stuff with ease like files, documents, images, videos, and movies.
- The phone has dimensions are 155 x 73.9 x 7.8 mm and weighs only 180 grams.
- There is 4000mAh non-removable battery inside Huawei P20 Pro that keeps you online throughout a day under both causal and heavy usage.
- A bunch of connectivity options is also available i.e. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, NFC, and Bluetooth.
Major Cons (Disadvantages)
Every device comes with some cons as well and the same goes for Huawei P20 Pro.
- The Huawei P20 Pro Price in Australia is slightly higher and sets you back around AU$1200.
- Most of the flagships don’t offer microSD card slot to expand its onboard memory and Huawei P20 Pro is no different.
- The Huawei P20 Pro weighs a little heavy.
- Unfortunately, Huawei P20 Pro doesn’t sport a 3.5mm headphone jack like an iPhone X.
- You won’t see Java, neither supports a Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Two sensors are missing: Temperature and Barometer sensor.
You can go through Huawei P20 Pro Review in Australia if you are looking for more information in terms of its design, display and overall performance.